Scientific Sales Executive (Texas Region)
Are you interested in joining a fast-growing biotechnology company offering competitive benefits? HistoWiz is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our team as a Scientific Sales Executive to establish contact and develop relationships with biomedical researchers and doctors interested in our histology services and cutting-edge web technologies. Note: Candidate must be Dallas-based.
We are seeking an individual who is diligent, fearless, persistent and persuasive. The desired candidate must take pride in building strong, mutually beneficial and long lasting relationships with our customers. This individual will:
- Create new strategies to build and maintain client base
- Increase sales by identifying and contacting potential clients (including telemarketing calls and door-to-door sales)
- Market services at trade shows, scientific conferences and meetings.
- Negotiate and close deals with new and existing customers
- Improve marketing efforts by managing email campaigns, referrals programs and sponsored talks.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Prepare periodic sales reports detailing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to the company’s mission.
- Ambitious personality and a strong desire to learn.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Organized and ability to multitask in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
IMPORTANT: SalesForce experience. Must be able to run mass market campaigns, quote deals, and maintain internal databases.
- BS or BA degree required, preferably in life sciences, biology, business, marketing, public relations, journalism or communications
- 2-5 years of experience in pharmaceuticals/life sciences sales (preferred)
- 1+ years lab experience in biomedical research (preferred)
- Ability to travel to meet territorial requirements
- Product/service knowledge. Must be able to understand provided services and products.
- Experience with H&E / Immunohistochemistry (IHC) (prefered).
HistoWiz is a biotechnology company in New York City that processes tissue specimens, digitizes the results, and provides a proprietary platform for online viewing and sharing of pathology data for cancer researchers in academia and industry. We have 1000+ customers from top academic institutes (e.g. MSKCC, Harvard, Cornell, Dana Farber, MD Anderson, Stanford, UC Berkeley, the Jackson Lab, HHMI, Cancer Research UK) and pharmas (e.g. Pfizer, Novo Nordisk, Regeneron, Alexion) around the world. Our mission is to fight cancer cooperatively instead of individually by connecting scientists, doctors and patients by providing online collaboration tools. We offer tremendous growth opportunities, flexibility, and independence.
We believe in investing in our employees’ professional development, and encourage networking within the biotech, pharma, and tech industries. Compensation is competitive and stock options are available for outstanding employees, commensurate with the impact you have within our organization. Employee benefits include:
- Employer-sponsored health and dental insurance through Aetna
- STARTUP NY benefits (exempt from New York State personal income tax, New York City resident income tax, Yonkers resident income tax surcharge, and Yonkers nonresident earnings tax)
- 3 weeks PTO (excluding company observed holidays)
- Travel expense reimbursement