HistoWiz is a biotechnology company located in SUNY Downstate Incubator that automates histology for biomedical researchers in academia and industry. Our intelligent tissue platform facilitates the collaboration between scientists and clinicians, and enable discovery by allowing search and comparison of cancer histopathology data across different laboratories and hospitals around the world. Our mission is to fight cancer cooperatively instead of individually.
We are looking for highly motivated IHC Technologist to join our fast-growing team. Under the general direction and supervisor of the Laboratory Manager, the IHC Technologist will effectively apply a working knowledge and skill of designated IHC Technologist related duties and tasks, in support of the Department as a whole, to complete the daily assigned Histology workload.
Must possess a thorough working knowledge of the IHC staining procedures, Histochemical staining procedure and routine Histology procedures sufficient to accomplish the following:
- Perform “routine” preventive maintenance procedures.
- Perform antibody and equipment validations
- Operation of automated IHC stainer and cover slipper(s)
- Troubleshoot quality issues
- Create and/or monitor essential documents through the daily operation
- Exchange instrument specific reagents at designated intervals
- Timely completion of instrument specific QC documentation when applicable
- Proper handling and disposal of chemical waste
- Immediate notification to supervisory personnel of malfunctioning instrumentation
- QC/QA of all antibodies
- Immediate notification of existing and/or potential problems to the proper authority
- Maintain accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Temperature Logs, etc.)
- Evaluate new equipment and procedures
- Review slides for overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity, proper cover slipping and stain artifacts
- Bachelors degree in science
- NY State license – Laboratory Technologist
- Knowledge of IHC – Special Stains
We believe in investing in our employees’ professional development, and encourage networking within the bioscience, tech, and startup communities for all our employees and collaborators. Compensation is top-notch and stock option is available for outstanding employees, commensurate with the impact you have within our organization, and for the scientific community overall. In addition, we provide the time and freedom to pursue independent projects.
- 100% coverage on employee health and dental insurance
- STARTUP NY benefits (exempt from New York State personal income tax, New York City resident income tax, Yonkers resident income tax surcharge, and Yonkers nonresident earnings tax)
- 3 weeks PTO
- Fully covered work-related travel expenses