Senior Immunohistochemistry Scientist
HistoWiz is a biotechnology company at the SUNY Downstate Incubator that automates histology for biomedical researchers in academia and industry. Our rapid services and intelligent tissue platform facilitate collaboration between scientists and clinicians, and enable discovery by allowing search and comparison of cancer histopathology data across different laboratories around the world. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Immunohistochemistry (IHC) Specialist to support the IHC Department in our fast-growing startup. Under the general direction and supervision of the Chief Pathologist, you will apply your expertise and skills to support the day to day operations of the IHC Department, maintain high levels of quality control (QC) as well as help expand the products and services that we offer.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5-7 years of experience in IHC assay design, implementation and trouble-shooting with programmable autostainer equipment along with expertise with immunofluorescence (IF) techniques. Job responsibilities include optimization of new antibodies for single and multiplex staining, development of new protocols for pharma, updating SOPs and training new employees, documentation and archiving according to GLP and CLIA guidelines and regulations, and conveying important project information to clients and the internal team. Emphasis will be placed on candidates with prior experience validating assays for IHC and IF, performing quality control (QC), and those with positions of responsibility. The candidate should be able to organize and prioritize tasks, be detail oriented, coordinate in ordering supplies and maintain inventory, work independently and effectively collaborate with the team including engineers, scientists, technicians and senior management. Should have in depth technical knowledge as well as excellent verbal and communication skills.
1. BS degree in biology with minimum of 5 years experience working in a biomedical research lab or pharmaceutical company
2. Experience with Leica Biosystems Bond autostainer and ISH is preferred
3. Certification with HT(ASCP) QIHC is preferred
4. Must be able to work in fast paced environment and multitask
5. Experience in QC and image analysis using automated software such as HALO is preferred
6. IHC assay development experience in Pharma/Biotech is a plus
The right candidate will have the opportunity for fast professional growth and career development, get involved with other aspects of the business, and be involved with an exciting biotech startup from the ground up. We believe in investing in our employees’ professional development, and encourage networking within the startup community for all our employees and collaborators. Compensation is top-notch and stock option is available for outstanding employees, commensurate with the impact you have within our organization, and for the scientific community overall. In addition, we provide the time and freedom to pursue independent projects.
- 100% coverage on employee health and dental insurance
- STARTUP NY benefits (exempt from New York State personal income tax, New York City resident income tax, Yonkers resident income tax surcharge, and Yonkers nonresident earnings tax)
- Team building events outside of the office